GROUP RP IDEAS

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: GROUP RP IDEAS

Post by Revered Chaotic on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Not entirely. Not for RP plot, anyways. The original idea of a death to a noble or guildmaster, perhaps; but we still have to get anyone else involved. I'm using the one we have going right now with Hothor in it as a gateway-RP. Meaning, we'll be travelling to different parts of the world, with the Paladin chasing Hothor, and getting posts in different areas. I was thinking of maybe making it end in the Soulshaker, where Hothor could accidently run into the vortex, or discover it, or something. Then I could bring in Szadek from Sadhadur, or have my HOMIE Treble bring in Zavna, and we could have the mixed-realm battle/invasion idea run for a bit; build a history of war or something?

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile
Character Name: Anlon Duane Kelly (Urchoíd)
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Parun & Guildmaster of the Amethyst Star Syndicate

View user profile http://kaos.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsin Destrius on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Maybe apologies for slacking. It happens when my mind isn't in the right place and the thought of writing anything feels like it'll be terrible, so I don't.

As far as finishing my forum, point me to one who is completely 100% done. I have the main gateway and next i'll do ... something. Recruitment is pointless til someone seeks to join. Ranks aren't that hard to do. Quest ... again not important till there are people to do them.

As far as me not posting, forgive me but i'm helluva confused. There are a number of characters running around with NO CS's, I was under the impression that we were running our character mentioned in our forum profile off to the side.
<--Just there.
So I generally have no idea what's going on. Secondly, we have no magic system in place, what do we do if someone wants to do magic?

Thirdly, i'm not good at plain random posting. What I mean is that I have to post working towards some kind of goal. With no plot, I have no idea what i'm doing, and i'm loathe to start any kind of mini-plot to have it thrown aside once the main plot is finally settled.

To be honest, the thing that bothers me with trying to post is that I feel everyone is pushing posts and we're missing a bunch of crucial information. And like I said earlier, posting seems random to me. Why don't we use it to develop the forum a bit?

-Have a gathering of guild heads to develop the politics.
-A group of explorers/adventurers to develop landscape, animals, and plants.
-A group of magic to develop the magic system and other magical areas.

And a number of other things to help flesh out this still rather bare world.

~Many thanks to the talented Treble for this siggy.~
Tsin Destrius
GuildMaster: Azurulean Magistrate

Character Profile
Character Name: Eirmund Gundnand
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Azurulean Magistrate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 pm

And THAT, Tsin, is EXACTLY why I agreed to make you a mod. This is what I've been striving for with no success. Not to point any fingers, of course, it just seems that when some people get good ideas for a systematical RP, they fail to realize that it needs structure to continue. I propose a wipe of the "noble RP" (Which was simply an idea to draw attention, I suppose), and the integration of the above mentioned...to start with.

Your assumption that the profile sheets are main characters is correct. And your post also reminded me that I was supposed to put a spot in the intro threads for the full CSs of those characters. Secondary character sheets to be used for those who want more than one character so they can play in multiple areas.

The magic system is not entirely...or even almost underway; we've done a lot of discussing, but with people's minds bouncing everywhere and so many wanting a different style or form, it's hard to come to a decision. So I would think both that and the political RPs are a good way to start.

I'm unsure if everyone who has a guild is familiar with the "Guildpact" of Ravnica in Magic: the Gathering, but I got to thinking; that should be something we incorporate in our own world: a magical bond between all the guilds that, if broken, would unleash some horrible calamity. A bond that forbids the guilds from an unstructured war against one another (competitions would be fine; something like the Hunger Games, but all-out warfare would break our accord.)

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Parun & Guildmaster of the Amethyst Star Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Just a quick thing, Tsin, Revered and I are actually doing a bit of Rping. I'm thinking of sending the other half of my Guildmasters to your character as well.

Made by Cddawg ^^
Shewolf13

Character Profile
Character Name: Kyla and Terak
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Heads of the Conclave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Okay, so...Tsin; do you have any ideas for these particular RPs we should be doing for the creation of politics, demos, magic, etc? Because if we're to use a main/secondary character in each, we'll have to do them all one at a time...unless, of course, we put secondary characters for...let's say myself and Wolf...in one, the main guildmaster characters in another, and secondary characters for yourself and Krysis and mike in another. That woukd all, of course, have to be fleshed out...but, it could work fairly easy...

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

I think once we get a outline for plot (I'm casting my vote for something to get our history worked out, and letting the magic system develop naturally, again with a bit of an outline for it), then we can figure out what characters will interact where.

Made by Cddawg ^^
Shewolf13

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blendedbrain on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey Wolfie, is it cool if I join your guild? Don't think Revered saw the edits in my previous post. Or if anyone else needs a member to take part in their guild, I'm down. Sorry for my on and off activity, I plan on being a consistent member of this board. Already seems more personable and friendly then some other places.

Revered or anyone else, let me know where I could really fit in. Again, I have changed my mind about starting a guild and just want to help flesh out and get this RP going! Smile

blendedbrain

View user profile http://blendedbrain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Well, for a start, then (you're right, and my apologies...I didn't see the edit, lol) you should create a persistent character via the edit profile; Character Sheet tab. Then, if you would like to join Wolf's guild, I'm sure she has the info fleshed out for joining. The way you would go about doing this on a PW site, such as this one, is all IC (have your character visit the appropriate thread). Everythin in a Persistent World RP is done IC; joining guilds, fleshing out the world; everything.

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Hm, you can join the Conclave, Blended ^^ I have a bit of editing to do with my guild yet, but if you'd give me until later tonight, then you're welcome to join ^^

Made by Cddawg ^^
Shewolf13

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blendedbrain on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 pm

@ Hunt
I knew this board was centered around the persistent thread concept: each place is in the same world/dimension. The 'edit' I was referring to was my inquiry about being a cryptkeeper with a race of fantastical slaves. But I've since changed my mind.

@ Wolfie
Okay, I think I'll wait to review the changes you make to your guild before I draw up a character profile to go on the left corner there. That way I can fit my character into your world without contradicting any customs, rites or rituals. Sound good?

Thanks Hunt and Wolf

blendedbrain

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Sounds good, ^^

Made by Cddawg ^^
Shewolf13

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Start now, wolf. Activity is on the rise. PLUS Kaos has Twitter now!

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Dinner will be soon XD But I'll get what I can done before it's ready.

Made by Cddawg ^^
Shewolf13

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blendedbrain on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

No man should come between a wolf and their prey. Food is too scarce for their kind with the expansion of the human populace. Besides, I'm not going anywhere Huntmaster, I vow activity from this day forth. If I'm not filling it up in IC, I'll be here musing about, posting pointless replies such as this!

Really though, quality or quantity! Build a bridge and they will come! Wink

blendedbrain

Back to top Go down

Post by blendedbrain on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Hey Revered, was thinking I will make one or two Secondary characters until activity picks up. Who has a guild that is ready? I am going to use my primary character in Wolfie's religion sect.

blendedbrain

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm

My guild is complete enough to start accepting members, if you should choose to join a guild with the acronym 'A.S.S', lol

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasha1107 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am

Lol

Character Profile
Character Name: Kira Ushia
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Loyal to which ever side unless persusaded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 am

Question. I am still looking for ideas on these development RPs. Got anything, Tasha?

-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]-
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2