The Realm of Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC)

2 posters

Go down

Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC) Empty Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC)

Post by Revered Chaotic Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:02 pm

The simple little outpost stood just outside the main building that was the Syndicate's Guild Hall. It was old, worn down, and rickety; looking as though it belonged in some olden-time period of history rather than just inside the Kaos City limits. The wooden double doors that had once been large and ornate and beautiful now looked old, weather-worn, and haggard and...one would be surprised that the devices were stable, and not hanging from their hinges. The paint on the outpost's exterior walls was chipping in places, and missing altogether in others, but from within came a scent of newness and a vibe of welcome warmth; a hearth of homliness that could be felt from without.

Inside, the outpost was delicate; new in more ways than one; the paint was fresh, and the inner temperature very comfortably warm. There sat desks and alcoves scattered about the single small room, with one large oaken desk in the forward-center, just infront of a large hearth with a massive fire to warm the post. Upon the desk sat an array of scrolls, tightly bound in black and purple leather straps. Behind the desk, in a large high-backed chair, there sat a man in black and amethyst leather armor that covered his broad chest from waist to neck. He had soft, pale violet eyes that seemed attentive and alert, and his gaze was affixed on a single piece of parchment on the desktop as he waited for newcommers into the Amethyst Star Syndicate.

Last edited by Revered Chaotic on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Revered Chaotic
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile
Character Name: Anlon Duane Kelly (Urchoíd)
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Parun & Guildmaster of the Amethyst Star Syndicate

https://kaos.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC) Empty Re: Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC)

Post by Revered Chaotic Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 pm

It was the first time in a very long time that Urchoíd had been in the recruiting outpost for the Syndicate. The worry on his face was evident in the thin stretch of scar tissue that ran down his face; the guild's numbers were lower than ever. The Fiends outside the City gates were getting tougher, and Anlon's various crews were starting to return home in fewer and fewer numbers.

He sat at the single recruiter's desk against the back wall, over-looking the rest of the outpost. Not only were his member-numbers dropping, but so, too, were the number of people that could find the outpost without expredd invitation. Urchoíd knew he had to do something; and soon, or his member-numbers would dwindle to nothing, and there would be no hope of returning the guild to it's former glory.

He prepared the parchment that sat atop the desk before him for shippment; a request to the Guild's Grotto tavern, openly stating that the Amethyst Star Syndicate was beginning recruitment again to fill up its ranks. The last time the parchment had been filed - years ago, during the war that ruined Main Street, people had flooded to be inducted into the Syndicate's ranks. Urchoíd could only hope that the result would be the same, now...now that the guild was stepping out of the shadows and joining the public face once again. He could also only hope that the Azurulean Magistrate would not give him too much trouble in days to come.

Revered Chaotic
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Parun & Guildmaster of the Amethyst Star Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC) Empty Re: Amethyst Star Syndicate Recruitment Outpost (IC)

Post by Shewolf13 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am

The door to the Recruitment outpost swung open, the hinges creaking just a bit, as if to herald the arrival of the newcomer. However… this newcomer was probably the last person in the Realm that Urchoid thought he’d see. She was tall, over six feet in the four inch heels that she wore, though it was impossible to see those heels under the elaborate dark blue robes that she wore. The robes slicked over a body of generous curves, not really hiding anything, though leaving the choicest bits for the imagination. Her eyes, the color of the deepest parts of the oceans, were crystal clear and sharp. Her hair, long and wavy, fell to her waist and was the hue of the night sky, with no stars or moon to light that expanse of black.

Her full lips curled into a smile as she approached Urchoid and she pulled down the hood of her cloak. “Well,” she murmured in a voice that was silky smooth, yet surprisingly deep. “It has been a long time, hasn’t it? How fares the Guild Master of the Amethyst Star Syndicate, hm?”

Kyla Ini’Dorcha, one half of the head of the Conclave, stood before Urchoid in all her splendor. Her name meant daughter of Dorcha, the Goddess of Darkness. She had ever been a mysterious figure in the city; it was also whispered about that she had her fingers in just about every pie there was to have. Though the Conclave espoused neutrality and balance, and therefor had a very severe view of interfering in politics and the general running of the city, Kyla and her twin brother Terak, both played their games and played them well. So… just what could she want here, in the stronghold of the Amethyst Star Syndicate?
Shewolf13
Shewolf13

Character Profile
Character Name: Kyla and Terak
Guild Affiliation/Neutrality: Heads of the Conclave

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 am

Urchoíd looked up from the desk at the head of the room as the gentle creaks of the doors lofted his way, heralding the entrance of the one he'd come to think of as the Dark Sister, as a slight grin graced his facial features. His eyes remained cold of the warmth that he allowed to flood the rest of his face as they took in the graceful curves of his visitor. It had been some time since he'd seen Kyla Ini'Dorcha, and though the woman was damned easy on the eyes -kind on them, even- he had darker suspicions of her intent, coming to the recruitment outpost of Kaos City's most notorious guild.

He waited as she made her way through the shallow ranks of desks and alcoves to his own, and would not have been a bit surprised if the woman had lit atop the desk. He had to admit; while he was a true ninja, Kyla Ini'Dorcha was a ninja of the mind. As such, he knew, the darker half of the Conclave's Guildmaster team of twins always had an Ace in thr hole; a card up her sleeve...and Urchoíd found himself wondering, yet again, what it was and why it brought her to his doorstep.

When she spoke, Urchoíd was reminded of why he'd opted for his guild's Hall to be the furthest from the city; the woman's voice was as friendly to the ears as her body and beautiful face was on the eyes, and once again, Urchoíd found his gaze riveted to the pronounced curve of her lips as she spoke. When she'd finished, the Parun of the Amethyst Star Syndicate looked as if he were an addict who'd just had his choice drug pulled away from his fingers. He let out a soft sigh, and looked back up to the Dark Sister's eyes, his own dark, colde; not nearly as drawn of full of the wonder that he allowed them to work witg. And why would they be? Urchoíd was known to be probably the most calculating man in Kaos. It was said the Conclave's twin Guildmasters had their fingers in every pie to be in Kaos City. It was also said that Urchoíd had an entire peice of those pies.

Deciding to forego the usual pleasantries of conversation -though in truth he would have very much enjoyed staying and talking idly with Kyla- Urchoíd showed her a forced smile that read every bit of "I'm only being this kind out of respect." and nodded gently before answering. Like his general appearance, his movements, his very nature, Urchoíd's voice came like the ghost of something that was or never would be. Deep, but soft as yet. to barely be placed above a whisper, though it spoke clearly enough and always seemed to echo within a person's mind that those who'd heard it had always believed he was a type of telepath...though that was not the.case.

"Kyla. What a...surprise. The Daughter of Dorcha, at my very own doorstep. Why are you here, Ini'Dorcha?"
Revered Chaotic
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 am

The woman known to most of Kaos as the Mother of Darkness didn’t drape herself over Urchoid’s desk. No, she wasn’t nearly so obvious… unless she wanted to be. No, her goal here was to glean a little information… and of course, to enjoy herself. That was always high on Kyla’s priorities… within reason of course. She hadn’t gotten to where she was by being completely hedonistic, though she did think it important to find pleasure in life, she had another side. After all, like the Aspect she represented, Kyla Ini’Dorcha was a force to be reckoned and didn’t suffer fools lightly, nor did she shirk her duties.

The Guildmaster of the Conclave had always been fascinated by the Parun of the Amethyst Star Syndicate. He was very much like her, though she knew he would most likely disagree with that assessment. Because of this, she couldn’t help but enjoy needling him, pushing him, just a little. She walked around the desk he sat at and turned so that she could lean against the desk, smiling serenely at him. ”Kyla. What a...surprise. The Daughter of Dorcha, at my very own doorstep. Why are you here, Ini'Dorcha?"

A tinkling laugh left her lips and she drew a slim, elegant finger down over his cheek. This wasn’t the first time she had done something of the sort; it had become a habit of hers whenever the two happened to meet. “Come now, my dear sweet Anlon. Always straight to the point with you. You never let me have the least bit of fun.” Her bottom lip extended in a mock pout as she regarded him with her cobalt blue eyes. Then she shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest, the movement only emphasizing her rather ample charms. “If you must know,” she said imperiously, “I came to help you with your little… recruitment endeavor.” Something serious ran through her eyes, a look rarely seen on her face. “Something is coming, Anlon. Kaos needs to prepare for it. I have come to extend to you the Conclave’s resources. I propose an… accord, at least for the time being.”
Shewolf13
Shewolf13

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Urchoíd tilted his head back, drawing away from the trailing finger before it had a chance to reach the scar on his cheek. Damned woman always tormented him, and even though he would pretend - very well - to abhor such treatment, still something stirred, and he had to sigh, though the tone came out as slightly annoyed. Shaking his head, he fixed her with a withering glare, wishing she would just get to the point and stop toying with him. "I like it straight to the point, Ini'Dorcha; I prefer to know exactly what is happening around me. Have your fun with someone else."

“I came to help you with your little… recruitment endeavor.” This made Urchoíd's gaze snap up to lock onto her own cobalt blues. Brows perking, he leaned back and crossed his well-toned, though lithe, arms over his chest as he listened. When she had finished, Urchoíd offered her a grin laced with a question. When he spoke, his voice carried no tone of merriment, only a note of quiet contemplation; he knew Kyla had an uncanny connection to the Dark Deity, Dorcha.

"How do you propose to help me with my recruitment problem? And more importantly, what, exactly is your proposed accord."
Revered Chaotic
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:45 pm

”…Have your fun with someone else."

Kyla’s eyes flashed just a bit, but it was gone so quickly, it was hard to tell if it had ever been there, even for the Parun of the Amethyst Star Syndicate. But the next moment, her lips curled into a grin that was designed to heat a man’s blood and she gently shook her head. “I remember a time, not so long ago when you enjoyed the fun, Anlon. But alas, I suppose those times are gone.” One shoulder went up in a shrug and she lifted a delicate hand as if to say, ‘c’est la vie’. Her dark blue gaze bore into his though, an invitation still in them… and was that regret?

”How do you propose to help me with my recruitment problem? And more importantly, what, exactly is your proposed accord?"

“It’s simple: for centuries, the guilds have had a very uneasy truce… while we all backstab and maneuver for whatever advantage will come our way. But lately, haven’t you noticed things are… changing? The old accords are crumbling, Anlon. What was once covert has now become overt. Soon enough, it could result in war, if things aren’t handled carefully.” Ini’Dorcha paused for a moment, as if even saying this next part somehow went against the grain. “The Amethyst Star Syndicate… The Conclave… The Azurulean Magistrate. It is not hubris to say that we are the three most powerful of the Guilds, no? What I am proposing is an accord… an actual alliance. No one would dare challenge all three of us, not united. It would ensure we are ready for whatever may come.”
Shewolf13
Shewolf13

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revered Chaotic Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Urchoíd simple sat and listened, not saying a word as Kyla laid her propositon on the table. She'd hit right on the mark with the uneasy struggles the guilds had been having for centuries...but she seemed to have forgotten whom, exactly, she was was talking to. The Syndicate thrived on the 'back-stabbing', the scuffles and the altercations between all. The very idea of a three-way 'truce' was repulsive; the Syndicate would lose the majority of it's business, even if it was, itself, one of the 'beneficiaries'. It was because of this very fact that when Kyla Ini'Dorcha finished speaking, the chuckle that escaped Urchoíd's lips held a genuine hint of mirth.

"Dear Kyla...no one would dare chellenge the Syndicate alone. You know that as well as I do. It just isn't something you would likely find on anyone's to-do list. An aliance would serve only to put me out of business...for what actions any of the three participants took would directly reflect on its allies. The Azurulean Magistrate; the policing guild of the great city of Kaos...ally with the Guild of Shadows? Thee Conclave; the guild that ties the city to the gods they worship...ally with the 'Guild of the Godless'?"

Sighing slightly, now, Urchoíd stood from his desk and took the few steps it would take to place his lithe body just in front of Kyla, so close that his inhalations caused his lungs to expand and his chest to come within close contact to the guildmistress's. He allowed a softened gaze to come to his visage as he brought his hands up slowly to caress her face. Then, as if he'd suddenly been struck by boredom, his hands dropped to his side and he took a step back, turning his bpdy so he no longer obstructed her view of the door.

"My lot rests in the mechinations of the guilds and their battle for power, Kyla. To suggest an alliance to me is to spit on the ground in my home. If it comes to war, the Syndicate will not allow the Conclave to stand alone...because of my personal...respect...for yourself and your goddess. An alliance is out of the question." He finished, and stood there with a look in his eyes that could be mistaken for nothing else; an invitation or leave or change the subject.
Revered Chaotic
Revered Chaotic
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shewolf13 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 am

Thought Kyla had come here with a very good idea how it would all play out, she still couldn’t help the little sigh that escaped her lips, nor could she control the shake of her head that sent her jet black locks gently swaying. ”Dear Kyla...no one would dare challenge the Syndicate alone. You know that as well as I do. It just isn't something you would likely find on anyone's to-do list. An alliance would serve only to put me out of business...for what actions any of the three participants took would directly reflect on its allies. The Azurulean Magistrate; the policing guild of the great city of Kaos...ally with the Guild of Shadows? Thee Conclave; the guild that ties the city to the gods they worship...ally with the 'Guild of the Godless'?"

The Daughter of Dorcha ruthlessly controlled herself as Urchoid stood, their chests only separated by a space not big enough to fit a piece of parchment through. Her deep blue eyes bored into his, her own visage still showing some of that earlier emotion… what one would call regret. His fingers over her cheek were light, almost a lover’s caress. It brought an unexpected ache to Kyla’s heart, but she was all too aware of the danger of the current situation. It was only affirmed when Anlon’s hands dropped away and he looked at her with what could only be an ultimatum. ”…If it comes to war, the Syndicate will not allow the Conclave to stand alone...because of my personal...respect...for yourself and your goddess. An alliance is out of the question."

The Dark Lady was silent for a long time. Then she stepped forward, and brought a delicate hand up to Anlon’s chest and let it rest over his heart as she met his gaze once again, her dark blue rises intense. “Respect, Anlon? Is that all?” One corner of her mouth curled up into a bitter sweet smile. “We had more than that, at one time, you and I. Then again… time moves on. We must move with it.” She stepped back, her beautiful face now blank, as if it were carved of alabaster. “I have delivered my proposition. Know this: something comes, Anlon. My Lady has warned me, though not even she knows just what it could be. My Lady has always had a… soft spot where you’re concerned. Your Guild is not necessarily ‘Godless’ as you claim. You do much of her work, though you would rather believe that were not so. Balance is imperative for our world. Without the darkness, there is no light. But tip the scales to favor one, and that delicate balance is upset, perhaps with dire consequences. You have been warned.” A light had appeared in her eyes and her voice had shifted subtly, as if it were not just her speaking. As quickly as it had begun, it was gone and it was just Kyla looking at him with that same smoldering gaze. She knew she should leave, but she was still rooted in that spot, looking at Urchoid.
Shewolf13
Shewolf13

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down